Sunday 19 June 2011

Drifting Record

.


It's not a Sunrise thing this post, but it's not often you get to witness a world record in the making, well not an automotive one anyway, so I thought it worth a note.The last world record I saw was 'Anthony from the seniors' in our swimming club going for the treading water world record. This was when I was about ten. We left at the end of the day and returned the next morning to see Anthony, still 'treading', but quite a bit more wrinkled. He'd been there all night, I saw him eat lunch whilst treading, I wondered if he'd been for a poo. He got the record, but I'm not sure for which.

Today I saw Mauro Calo 'driving instructor and racing driver' complete 1.9 miles in a circular power slide in a big saloon AMG Mercedes at 'benz World, just up the road at Brooklands. It was father's day, so we went to look at cars....and there was Mauro making a lot of smoke! He did it though, and the official record invigilators gave the Guiness entry he sought for himself and Mercedes. No doubt the column inches we'll all see next month in the mags will meet with head office approval. Looked like fun, especially with someone else's car and tyre set...which were the limiting factor, the offside rear let go after nearly two miles of roasting.


World record holder : melting a Pirelli

--0--



No comments:

Post a Comment